The kids and I spent most of the summer in Alberta and also a couple of weeks in Manitoba - so much time spent with family and some wonderful memories made and family friendships cemented.
This truly would be the longest blog of all time if I tried to do it all at once, so as we are within a week of starting a new chapter at our house (KINDERGARTEN!!!) I'm going to dedicate the next few days to doing short and sweet blogs of our summer so I can be at least close to caught up when my big girl starts school next Monday . . . . so here goes:)
Just the weekend before we left we celebrated Kailie's (first of many I hope!) graduation. It was her last day at Aeries Adventures and the finished with a lovely showing of their graduating class! The kids were adorable and really showed off how much they had grown over the years at Aeries. I have really come to love all the teachers there and so appreciate their sincere love for the kids and the Christian spirit they pass along to the kids. Kailie really had such a positive experience there and I know it's given her a great foundation for school! I was so incredibly proud of my little graduate!
After that - we packed up for the summer and headed north! I was so worried about the flight on my own with both of them. Not because of Kailie, but because sometimes it takes an army to contain Kolton so I was a bit worried about how I was going to handle all of that on my own (along with ALL that luggage, customs, immigration etc etc). And I was hoping we'd get an extra seat on both flights and we never did . . . however, I was very pleasantly surprised and they both did amazing. One of the longest parts of our trip was the walk in the Edmonton Airport from the airplane to where we saw my Dad and picked up our luggage - I think the walk was about a mile!! Anyway, we were all very happy to see Papa and to get to our 'summer home' with Grama & Papa:)
![]() |
| Kolton, Kailie & Lambie - the 3 kids I had to keep track of on this trip :) |




No comments:
Post a Comment