Monday, October 12, 2009

First Steps!!

Kailie took her first steps all on her own today (Monday October 12) - and Mum was home to see it!! Dad wasn't quite so lucky however we agreed that considering both of us work full time we were lucky that at least one of us got to witness this big day!

I actually stayed home with Kailie today because she has a pretty bad cold and had a very tough night. She had two 3hr+ naps today and seems to be feeling a bit better so hopefully a good night's sleep for everyone and then I'm sure tomorrow everyone will be in better shape.

But sick or not - she was in good spirits and was doing lots of walking . . . it was just after she had been walking with her lion that she let go and just started walking to me . . . it was three shaky little steps and then a full out lunge into my arms - I was so excited!! She's done it a few more times so I know it wasn't just a complete fluke . . . however I still think it will be a while before she's running laps of the house, although that will probably happen sooner than I think as well:)

So that was a great way to end off our Thanksgiving weekend! Hope everyone in Canada enjoyed their celebrations - we got together with our good friends the Pentons and the Burkes for a wonderful turkey Thanksgiving dinner:)

11 Month post and picture still to come - but I couldn't postpone this very important post:)

2 comments:

Christy said...

Life is about to get just a little more hectic for you and Joel! Good work Kailie!

Pat, Danielle & Alexandria said...

yay for Kailie and trust me Kandis she will be running before you know it ;)