Saturday, October 17, 2009

11 Months!

This will be my last posting where Kailie’s age is marked by how many months old she is – I can’t believe in just a few short weeks my baby is going to be 1 . . . and that’s all I’m going to say about it now because I need to stop dwelling on her turning one and just enjoy the last few days of her being a baby!!

Obviously the biggest moments these days all revolve around Kailie taking her first steps!! Since those first few shaky steps she has taken MANY more!! To be honest the first few were really just her catching her balance as she threw herself towards me so I thought it could still be a while before she really took some controlled steps – well it took about two days!! She can now start and stop without falling and can take quite a few steps in a row . . . it’s just the sweetest thing to watch and I do have it on video camera but it’s on our good camera which is a lot harder to get video off of and onto the blog so I’m still working on it.

Kailie seems to get quicker and more sturdy every day in everything she does, and that also includes her level of understanding. These little ones just understand so much more than we'll ever know - I'm always amazed at some of her responses to some of the things we say.

Every day continues to be a total joy with our little Kailie-Bear. I am getting settled back at home and so glad to be back but am finding it very hard to leave her every morning to go to work . . . this was supposed to get easier but sometimes I think it's actually harder to leave her now than ever before. Hopefully I will be able to reduce my work week sooner than later - I just need to get my new job figured out so I can then figure out how to get it all done in 4 days a week instead of 5 :)

The toughest thing we've had to deal with this month is Kailie getting her first cold and fever. We've been SO lucky in that she really hasn't been sick yet - a few runny noses but nothing significant. But this time it's been a cold that won't quite go away and this weekend her temperature has been just over 100 a couple of times. I've tried not to panic . . . although that was my first reaction - I'm not sure I did such a good job 'playing-it-cool' as I left a message on Dad & MaryAnn's answering machine the second after I took her temperature the first time!! But with some Tylenol and a few baths it keeps coming down . . . and she's still eating and drinking good and for the most part in pretty good spirits - so hopefully this is just a little thing that will pass soon . . . I do get some extra cuddles of the whole deal which I'll take any day:)

Here are just a few pic's from the last little while.

Paper towel ~ 3.99 . . . Kleenex ~ 2.28 . . . Kailie-Bear ~ PRICELESS!!!

Kailie trying to get in on Brooke & Cameron's wrestling match!


Kailie and I at swimming lessons:) This was the day after I got back from my trip and Kailie clung to me with all she had - every time the swimming instructor tried to take her from me, Kailie let her know she was NOT happy!



This and the rest of the pictures below are a few of the out-takes from her monthly pic with her bear . . . she loves to just tackle it which makes getting a picture a bit tricky . . . !




1 comment:

Christy said...

Wow time flies... 1 year already.... have you figured out how to stop time yet? If you do, please let me know :)