Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Less than a week to go . . .

. . . I hope!!

We hit the 39 week mark yesterday - it's hard to believe that in approximately a week or so our lives will change dramatically and we'll be parents . . . as much as I'm ready to have this little one (I was ready weeks ago!!) it's all still a little daunting - I hope we're ready for all this:)

It's been nice to be off work as I've been able to catch up on some rest, reading and even have found some time to put a few meals in the fridge (and yes Kayt - I mean homemade dinners not frozen dinners from the supermarket!!). While I have been enjoying this relaxing time I hope I don't go much overdue as after a couple of weeks on my own I might start going a bit crazy! I might have to start hanging around the office to see if they'll let me do anything there if our little one decides to hang on for a while after my due date!

We found out that they will actually let us go a full two weeks overdue here before they would induce me - I originally thought it was only 10 days but they want to give me every chance to go on my own, which is nice I just hope it doesn't go that long. We are travelling home for Christmas not too terribly long after she is born so I'd like her to have as much time as possible 'out' before we take her on a plane.

That's about it from us - we're just waiting and waiting . . . . I have to say I've been enjoying the speed at which Joel now returns my calls!! I used to have to leave a message if I wanted him to call me back but now he seems to keep a very close eye on his missed calls and I know he'll call me back just as soon as he's back at his desk . . . hopefully soon one of those calls will be the one we're all waiting for!

4 comments:

Keli said...

here is thinking of you but hoping baby come on the 31!!

Cody said...

I have really enjoyed having the opportunity to follow you through your pregnancy! I don't feel so far away then. I am so proud of you and I can't wait to see pictures in a few weeks! Here's to lots of peace and rest in the next while!

Anonymous said...

I love your updates... you're going to be such a great mom... enjoy these last few days, I know that's hard when you want to meet that sweet baby girl so much... but honestly, put your feet up and take a deep breath and drink it all in because life is going to change (definitely for the better, but still!)... miss you so much! xoxo

Anonymous said...

I have loved reading the posts and am officially a blog stalker. I will continue to visit your page daily until I see that Baby M has arrived! Hope you are enjoying your first few days of solo mat leave.