Thursday, July 3, 2008

Growth Spurt

I had a doctor's appointment today which I was quite happy about as I've been having a fair amount of discomfort the last few days . . . I feel like my stomach has been put on a stretching machine and it's in overdrive . . . as it turns out that's exactly the problem!!!

First of all I weighed in and was mortified to learn that I had gained 10 pounds in just 4 weeks (I'm supposed to be gaining about one pound a week)!!!!! However this all made a bit more sense when the doctor took my measurements and I am measuring to be about 3 weeks ahead of what I am (I've gone from 18 to 25 in just 4 weeks). So the conclusion is that Baby M has just undergone a massive growth spurt!!! Which explains why my stomach is having such a tough time keeping up and why I'm so uncomfortable. I'm now really about where I should be on my weight so he wasn't concerned about my overall weight gain but he did say just to be careful . . . but then he also said that the baby is going to grow on her own schedule regardless of what I eat or how much I exercise . . . so I'm not sure how I'm supposed to control her weight gain - I think it's a bit early to try lecturing her!! Anyway - I'll just have to make sure that I keep my own weight in check and pray that Baby M slows down a bit!!

I go back in 3 weeks instead of 4 because we're leaving on holidays so hopefully by then we'll see a slow down!!

Otherwise everything is great . . . we went over all my ultrasound measurements and at that time she was measuring exactly what she should have been (just 3 weeks ago she was an angel)!! Her heartbeat is right where is should be and I am now really starting to feel her moving around . . . nothing that is keeping me up at this point just enough to be exciting!

That's our news for now - I hope everyone back home is enjoying their short week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember feeling everyday like there was no possible way my tummy could get any bigger... yet it kept on growing! Hang in there - cause towards the end there is so little room it is even hard to eat! Can't wait for the next pic that will show Baby M's growth spurt!

Anonymous said...

So beautiful (of course I have to go on faith for this, because you refuse to post new photos!!!!)... you will gain whatever you gain and Baby M will do the same and it will all be perfect. There were times I thought for sure Jack was growing on dill pickle dip and ripple chips. Definitely that's what I was growing on!! lol

I miss you! Enjoy every minute, especially these little love taps she's giving you in there...

Kxo