Saturday, June 21, 2008

Twenty and a half week picture!

I'm a little late on the picture - but still pretty close to the 20 week mark . . . and you will note I am not looking at the camera however this was really the best picture out of way too many that we took - taking the pictures is not very fun at all but I do enjoy seeing the progress so I'll suffer through:) My Baby Bump is definitely coming along and some days I feel like our little girl is going through growth spurts and just stretching my tummy to it's max! I still get little kicks and pokes every now and then but nothing too major. Joel still hasn't really felt her moving yet - but not for lack of trying - every time I say she is moving a bit he immediately has his hand on my tummy waiting to see if he can get in on the action!!

Today we just finished a great round of golf . . . some people are somewhat surprised that I'm still golfing but I'm currently golfing better than I ever have so I have no intentions of stopping anytime soon!! Not too long ago, I saw a girl on the course who must have been at least 8 months or more pregnant - so I figure there's no reason I can't keep it up for a while yet! And it's just great exercise and a good reason to get out:)

Tomorrow Joel and I are entered into a 'Couple's Race' . . . I run 5K and he runs 5 miles . . . I told him he is going to have to have the run of his life for us to be in the running as I don't anticipate a very fast time as I have to carry Baby M around!! It should be fun - we have lots of friends running in it and it's a for a good cause so we're looking forward to it . . . maybe next year we can be a little more competitive:)

Hope you all are having a great weekend!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pic! You most definetely have a baby bump going on now! So exciting to be able to see it. Even though I can't see your face in the picture I can tell that you are glowing!

PS - I heard some woman golf their best when pregnant... something about center of gravity....

G'pa J said...

You look beautiful, Kandis. All pregnant women do, and you exceed the norm! Hey...you have found the secret to becoming a great golfer!!...just get pregant every couple of years! Sounds good to me!

Anonymous said...

oooooh what a beautiful, radiant mommy-to-be! you definitely look pregnant now, no one will think you just had a big lunch (isn't that a wonderful milestone to reach?!)

i'm pretty sure a girl i know golfed right up to about a week before her son was born, keep it up! what a great example of fitness you will be for your little girl (although you might want to tone down the *language* on the course... baby can hear, you know!)

miss you!

Anonymous said...

Wow - your Baby Bump is really starting to show!!! You look great!!