JOEL AND I ARE HAVING A BABY GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh I can't tell you how good it feels to finally know this!!!! For those of you who are probably thinking that I twisted my dear husband's arm into finding out - for the record we really did decide together . . . we wouldn't have gone ahead with finding out if we weren't both completely in agreement:)
Anyway - our little girlie was just an angel for most of the ultrasound . . . the girl who was doing the ultrasound said she was very photogenic and was turning all the right ways when required . . . . except at the very end when we needed her to flip over she seemed to want to cozy in for a nap!! The technician even had me go walk around for a bit to try and get her to turn but to no avail . . . but regardless we got some great pictures and a CD made which we will receive in a week or so . . . I can then post some of our favorites:)
It really was the most incredible experience as those of you who have been through it before well know!! We saw all four chambers of the heart, her little hands and feet (all 10 fingers and toes!!) even her brain (and I'm pretty sure she's crazy smart)!!! We also saw some pretty big yawns which was really cute . . . with the exception of not turning over completely, she was moving around quite a bit - it was just so amazing to see. And the technician was able to get excellent confirmation on her sex (I really don't need to give all details!!) - but there is no doubt we're having a little girl which was nice as that's not always the case when they determine it's a girl:) Joel and I just couldn't contain ourselves when we found out what we were having - there was a lot of excitment in the room and even a few tears . . . it's all pretty amazing to us!
So I've spent most of the afternoon so far dreaming of Princess Parties and all the fun things we're going to experience with our little angel!! And I'm not the only one thinking of the years ahead . . . as we were walking back to our offices from the ultrasound I heard Joel take this great big deep breath - and when I asked him what was wrong he responded that he already has some pretty big concerns about the years to come . . . something about now he needs to think about getting a shotgun . . . yikes - boys beware, this Daddy is going to be a tough one to cross!!! I told him that we should probably enjoy these younger years while we can ;-)
Today has definitely been a day we'll never forget:)
Tuesday, June 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Jack can't wait to take her on a date!! He will start saving his Aeroplan miles right now!!
Congratulations!! Kxo
Well if there was ever any exceptions to Daddy's rules about dating - Jack would definietly be it!!!
Kandis, I can't stop *grinning* since your call with the "wonderful news".
Your right, it certainly is a day you will never forget!
xoxo to You, Joel, and "Princess M"!! :)
"Oh Kandis and Joel, I am so thrilled for you both - a girl! There's so much I want to say about having a baby girl but you'll surely see for yourselves, it is truly an amazing joy.
So what will you call Princess M?!
Much love to all three of you,
"Great" Auntie Susan
Awesome news; Congratulations to both of you. You are on the way to years and years of excitement and happiness! Joel: you can have the shotgun that I bought when Dorelle was born, but I can tell you from experience, that your little munchkin will have you wrapped around her little finger within minutes of her arrival. So, forget the shotgun, and start looking for a Jr. set of golf clubs instead!
Post a Comment