Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Week 16

We've reached another big week - time for a new picture!! As you can see, not much there yet but there are signs of a baby bump to come! I have to say - the most painful thing about this blog is taking the pictures . . . . I think my cats are much more photographic than I am!!

All has been going well - the biggest issue I (still!) have been having is growing out of my clothes. The last week or so has been as much of a growth spurt as I've experienced so far . . . it seems everyday there is something else I can no longer wear! We went golfing on the weekend and I had a bit of a meltdown (yet-again!!) then . . . and Joel was as helpful as he could have been when he presented me with a pile of his golf shorts . . . however wearing my husbands clothing is NOT the solution to my shortage of maternity clothing!!! Thank goodness for my dear friends here - Marsha bailed me out with some maternity clothes she still had!

The good news is we're off the island in a few days for a country that actually believes in maternity shops! At least this time around I have a very good idea of what I need, so that should help with the shopping.

I guess if my snug clothes are my biggest complaint I should probably be overjoyed!! I'm feeling great, am still going out for light runs and able to eat most foods - still have a few aversions (mostly to meat) but nothing too serious.

Be sure to keep your fingers crossed for Baby M's Dad as he takes on the Ottawa Marathon this coming weekend - he's worked really hard and no matter the result is already a superstar as far as we're concerned:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel for you on the pictures. It takes me so many times to get a decent one... Good luck with the shopping on the weekend, the earlier you buy the more use you can get out of it. That is how I justify it!

Anonymous said...

Kandis, you look wonderful! I can see the "glow" even in a picture.

Joel, early congratulations for your marathon run in Ottawa. You're already a winner!

xo to the both of you.