What a weekend we had away!! A big congratulations to Joel for running the Ottawa Marathon in an incredible time of 4hrs and 9min!! He really had an awesome run and his final time doesn't really tell the whole story as for most of the marathon he was on pace for something well under 4hrs . . . however 26 miles can take a pretty good round out of most people and JM's muscles had enough around mile 23 so most of the last 3 miles were a quick walk - which really makes his time all that more impressive:)Baby M and I had a great time darting around the course cheering on JM as much as we could and even got to run for a little with him at the end! And given the excitment of the weekend I even was able to get a late entry into the 5KM race that was held the day before the marathon - so JM was able to cheer (us!) on!! It was just a fabulous weekend!
Joel is now headed for Myrtle Beach for a few days of golf with some other Dad's and Dad's-to-be - should be a great few days of golfing for him which I'm sure he plans on taking full advantage of as it might be the last boys trip for a while ;-) And I am headed back to Bermuda to see my current little babies - Andy and Nellie . . . . I can hardly be apart from these two for too many days - I can see I'm going to have a few issues when Baby M comes along . . . . !
Hope you all had a great relaxing long weekend!






1 comment:
Looks like all 3 of you had a great weekend. I'm sure by this time next year you'll be back into running your own marathons again! Congrats to Joel with such a great time!
PS - you look great and have that pregnancy glow.
Post a Comment