Thursday, April 17, 2008

The end of the worst trimester . . . I hope!!!

Welcome to our blog - Joel and I are so excited to have you along for this incredible journey! It has been a tough start but from what I hear that can only mean good things . . . I had such high hopes I would be one of those (lucky!!) ones who had minimal or no early pregnacy symptoms, however all the wishing in the world didn't seem to work. I just keep hoping that I've now paid my dues and that I'll get a little angel in return ;-)

Aside from that, it has been a few months of adjusting to the idea of becoming a Mom and Dad - a bit daunting really and I'm sure we really won't appreciate it until it actually happens but we are very excited!

I'm also thrilled to be going through this with my little sis Kayt who is about 5 weeks ahead of me . . . she's really been great - she keeps telling me what to expect as she also had a similar first trimester to me - poor girl . . . but misery does love company!! And of course Keli just can't wait to be the super-star babysitting Auntie . . . Kayt and I are already arguing over who gets her first!

So I've posted my first picture . . . just so I have something to remember what it's like to see my toes! I'll keep posting pic's periodically to keep you posted on my tummy's progress:)

That's it for now - stay tuned for more updates!!

4 comments:

Christy said...

Congrats again Kandis and Joel! I think it is only fitting that I get the first post on your blog since you have been a faithful poster on mine! I wish you a happy and healthy rest of your pregnancy! Keep the updates coming!

From your lucky friend who did not suffer morning sickness!

Cody said...

We are so thrilled to hear your news! You are going to be a wonderful mother. Little baby Matthews will be blessed to have such a loving home. Enjoy the second trimester!
Journal to your little babe..its fun to read later.
Love Cody, Diarmuid and our little Emma

Anonymous said...

Wow, Congratulations! I'm so happy for both of you. Being a parent has it's trials and tribulations but so worth it. (even the morning sickness part)

As you can guess, Christy passed this info to me.

Anonymous said...

hee hee - I seem to recall someone arguing like her life depended on it that she would never have children :)

tee hee just one more - I told ya so for me ;)

Seriously though - I always have known that you would make a fabulous mom - I am excited for you both :D

Miss you Much

Can't wait to hear more about your new adventure :)

Jon