My Dear Baby Kolton,
Yes, I will probably still be addressing you as 'baby' when you're much older than 2, that's just what I get to do:)
I'm not usually a fan of doing posts without pictures as I'm pretty sure pictures of the kids will always win over my droning on, but today is special and I just can't miss getting a few thoughts down for my little guy . . . the party pictures will come!
Hard to believe you have actually only been with us for 2 years - you are such an important part of our family and a piece we just couldn't be without. You are such a special little guy who just lights up every room you come into. Your smile is so genuine and wonderful and you use it to get out of a lot of trouble!! I've always said that God made you especially cute because He knew you were going to need those good looks!!
You are a the epitome of a boy as well as the 'second child' . . . which translates to you keeping us on our toes at all times! You think you are Superman and that you should be able to fly of any heights . . or maybe you think Mummy and Daddy are Superhuman and can move at the speed of light so that we can catch you! Either way you have very little fear when it comes to climbing and jumping. We are praying that your luck holds out and although you make us stop breathing multiple times a day, at night when you are all tucked in (safely!) to bed, we're pretty proud of how agile you are:)
Along with being the little brother comes an unconditional love for your Big Sister. That love sometimes comes out aggressively but there is no doubt that you are smitten with her. Anything she does you will attempt immediately, anything she says you say, sometimes I step in because I think she is being too rough with you only to see that you are giggling away and want her to do it 'AGAIN'! You are a lucky little boy as Kailie love for you is as greatly reciprocated and she is constantly reminding everyone that you are her Best Friend. It is often because of Kailie's sacrifices that there is peace between the two of you . . . don't get me wrong, you two have your moments, but that's what makes you siblings! I hope this relationship continues to grow and that you two will be BFF's forever.
Some of the basics - you are a decent sleeper when you are in your own bed . . . new environments (i.e. traveling) are a bit tricky for you and you'll show us how unimpressed you are of being in a new bed by having short naps and middle of the night wake ups. Mummy can usually get you right back down with a quick cuddle, but you usually win the battle with Daddy and so by the end of the day both you and Daddy can be pretty tired. I just think Daddy likes the extra special time he gets with you at those wee hours ;) You will remain in your crib until you figure out you can crawl out of it - and given your daily antics I do fear this time will come all too soon! But for now you seem to be content with being contained so we're going to keep it that way as long as we can.
We potty trained you at just over 22 months and you were a rock star!! Everyone always says that boys are harder so my plan was to give it an honest effort but not to expect too much. You more than exceeded my expectations and now are diaper free during your awake time! I do have give some credit again to Kailie though as her efforts in getting you to the potty are stellar . . . apparently Aunty Kayt was trained by Aunty Keli and I as when Aunty Kayt peed we all got a treat - well same logic for Kailie and it's worked like a dream!!
When it comes to eating it's a real rollercoaster with you. You have no problem throwing, spitting etc etc your food if you're not interested in actually eating it. When you decide you want to eat you'll eat anything but more times than not when we all sit down together you'll have three bites and say you're all done . . . we then will try a few more things to get you to eat some of which you may or may not entertain. It is generally pretty stressful and most often I dread meal times. I do try not to worry because you are clearly getting enough and every now and then you surprise me and eat like you've never eaten before so I guess it must balance out. I do however look forward to the day when we can sit and eat like a civilized family of 4!
You were a bit of a late start with your talking but I think that is fairly typical for boys. Now that you've figured it out though you are a constant stream of chatter. Our favorite is that you refer to your sister as Kaykee . . . that was one of your first words and even now I'm pretty sure you'd be able to say her name properly it seems to have stuck and you both seem to love it:) Watching you learn so many new words a day keeps us in awe of you, if you hear something that might be a bit less appropriate you seem to pick up on those words (and the annotation) the quickest so we really have to be careful around you! When we tuck you into bed and night and you give us a little Ni Ni, I uv you - all the stresses of the day completely disappear and we walk away with our hearts overflowing.
We are thinking of putting you into preschool a couple of mornings a week in the fall but aside from that I really am so excited about getting to spend more time with you now that I'm officially a stay at home Mummy! You make me laugh out loud multiple times a day even when I'm at my wits end with you!! You really do make me melt and have shown me how special the bond is between a Mummy and her son. I pray that you always keep that sweet smile on your face and that you will know you are loved more than words could ever say.
Happy Birthday My Little Luv!! xoxoxo
Friday, July 5, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
so nice blogger
Post a Comment