Sunday, June 19, 2011

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!

Today has been a day of feeling so blessed and thankful for the Dad's in my life. I couldn't be happier when I watch my little angel girl be with her Daddy, she loves and adores him in a way that really can't be put into words. Daddy's and their little girls share a love unlike any other. My only complaint is that Kailie knows just how deep Daddy's love runs and she totally uses it to her advantage!! If there is ever a 'power-struggle' with Kailie (i.e. bedtime!) and she has fully exhausted all her options with Mummy, she just has to throw out one little cry for "My Daddy" and it's all over - Joel is at her side in a second ;-) Kailie is lucky to have such a great Daddy - and she knows it!!

Kailie's Daddy has had his hands full today as Mummy is running out of gas these days as we wait for Baby Boy Matthews to make an appearance. She started off the day happily awaking Daddy with a "Happy-Daddy's-Day-Balloon" and one of the 'old fashioned' popcorn poppers (she came out carrying the wrapped gift for Daddy and proudly announced "Daddy, I got you popcorn"!!) so much for surprises . . . . !! Now after a busy Daddy's Day it's time for Daddy to settle into a much deserved quite evening of catching up on the US Open:)

Kailie also has a wonderful Grampa and Papa that we haven't forgotten - Joel and I wouldn't be anywhere near the parents we are today without our Dad's and we're especially thankful for you both. I can personally attest to the depths of the Father-Daughter love because I've been one of those lucky daughters who have been on the receiving end of it all my life (despite the times I tested this unconditional love!) - Dad I'll never be able to thank you enough:)

So all our love to all the amazing Dad's out there!!! JKK?

No comments: