This posting should probably be broken down into many different posting - but rather than doing that I've just combined them into one big one . . . so if you have plans on reading it all the way through, I hope you're comfortable!!!
Kailie and I were having so much fun on our holiday that I have now ended up very behind on her blog!! We're back home now in Bermuda but sure missing everyone back home more than ever.
After spending just over a week at Grandma and Papa's place (see previous posting for pic's) - Kailie and I headed to Canmore. On our way there we stopped in so Kailie could visit with Grady and a great time was had by all!! Grady and Kailie were so cute together and us Mom's had a great time catching up on a long overdue visit! Kailie especially loved the stairs at Grady's - it was the first time she ever attempted (and conquered) climbing stairs - yikes! Thanks for the great visit Grady and Christy, we can’t wait to see you next time!

Then we were off to Canmore for a few days to see Asia again (and her Mommy and Daddy of course)! I had one day that I was watching both Asia and Kailie and what fun we had!! Seeing these two together is just the sweetest thing – they were so enthralled with each other and in some ways watching them both together was easier than watching just one . . . hopefully this will continue as the girls get older! It was amazing to watch how Kailie wanted to do everything Asia could do – this is when Kailie really got the hang of pulling herself up and standing all the time . . . she didn’t want to be left behind by her older cuz ;-)
This is one of my favorite pic's - feeding these little monkeys could get a bit tricky at times because they were so easily distracted by each other!
They loved playing together, but weren't too interested in a train-ride together . . . maybe because there wasn't a lot of room for TWO chunky-monkey's on this little train!
The girls loved the pool together - and it was perfect for the hot weather we were having while we were in Canmore:)




On the day I was watching both Kailie and Asia - Kristi, Jack and Georgia were so great to come over for a visit!! 4 kids + 2 adults . . . well you can just imagine how our visit went!! Good thing both Kristi and I can talk at the speed of light so we were able to chat quite well despite all the fun and games going on around us!!! It was so great to see the Slemko's - Jack is such an amazing big brother and was a superstar with all the girls . . . and little Georgia was by far the easiest to watch as she just sat as content as could be in one spot and oh so quietly . . . either that or she just couldn't be hear over the rest of the bedlam!! Unfortunately the only really good picture I have doesn't have Jack looking and I'm not sure where Asia is (but I'm sure she was within my sight at the time Kayt)!!!

Then it was back to Calgary to see Jennifer, Mike and Jacob . . . Jacob will be welcoming a new baby sister or brother in February and if how he treated Kailie was any indication, he is going to be a fantastic big brother! He was so sweet with her, shared his toys and his books without hesitation and even tried to offer his help when Kailie started fussing when we put her down for bed . . . he assured us that she was just crying b/c it was so dark in her room and if we’d just open the door a bit she’d stop crying . . . and then everyone could get some sleep!!!! We had a really nice visit with the Crawfords and saw them off to their holiday where Mike was off to do an Ironman – which he completed in an amazing time with a shoulder that had been broken 3 weeks prior . . . congrats Mike!! I'm not sure what happened to my camera at this point but for whatever reason I didn't get any pic's of Kailie & Jacob . . . maybe Jen has some she could send?!
Finally at this point in our holiday Daddy came to join us – not sure who was happier – Mommy or Kailie . . . !! I love every minute I get to spend with my little angel but angel or not these little ones are a lot of work, so having Joel around after a few weeks was sooooo nice. Right after Joel got there we were ready for Jen & John’s wedding which was fantastic – such a beautiful happy couple and just an exquisite wedding. It was also great to catch up with a few of our BDA friends as well!
Then it was back to Canmore for Keli and Chris’ wedding – which we were SO excited about! Kailie thought that Auntie Keli and Uncle Chris should have their own wedding post in her blog - so another post to follow on their wedding :)
After the wedding it was back to Grama and Papa's for some time with the Fultons!! Dorelle, Tyler, Evan and Mae came out and stayed with us for a few days and a wonderful time was had by all - in a few short days we got time at the park, a trip to the beach, some golf in and lots of play play play . . . the only thing we didn't fit in was a trip to the Lacombe Creamery - next time I guess!! It was so much fun and we were so happy that some of the Matthew's side of the family could be a part of our Alberta holiday!

Uncle Joel showing his best cheesy smile - while Evan and Mae show off some sweet smiles:)
Mae & Evan were SO good during their stay with us - I hope Kailie is as good as these little angels when she gets to be their age!
Evan ready for a big night out!
Auntie Louene & GG came for another visit during our last week in AB which we so much appreciated - so many wonderful people to visit with:)



Kailie and I were having so much fun on our holiday that I have now ended up very behind on her blog!! We're back home now in Bermuda but sure missing everyone back home more than ever.
After spending just over a week at Grandma and Papa's place (see previous posting for pic's) - Kailie and I headed to Canmore. On our way there we stopped in so Kailie could visit with Grady and a great time was had by all!! Grady and Kailie were so cute together and us Mom's had a great time catching up on a long overdue visit! Kailie especially loved the stairs at Grady's - it was the first time she ever attempted (and conquered) climbing stairs - yikes! Thanks for the great visit Grady and Christy, we can’t wait to see you next time!
Then we were off to Canmore for a few days to see Asia again (and her Mommy and Daddy of course)! I had one day that I was watching both Asia and Kailie and what fun we had!! Seeing these two together is just the sweetest thing – they were so enthralled with each other and in some ways watching them both together was easier than watching just one . . . hopefully this will continue as the girls get older! It was amazing to watch how Kailie wanted to do everything Asia could do – this is when Kailie really got the hang of pulling herself up and standing all the time . . . she didn’t want to be left behind by her older cuz ;-)
The two girls contained and having a blast was a Win/Win for Mommy/Auntie on my babysitting day!
On the day I was watching both Kailie and Asia - Kristi, Jack and Georgia were so great to come over for a visit!! 4 kids + 2 adults . . . well you can just imagine how our visit went!! Good thing both Kristi and I can talk at the speed of light so we were able to chat quite well despite all the fun and games going on around us!!! It was so great to see the Slemko's - Jack is such an amazing big brother and was a superstar with all the girls . . . and little Georgia was by far the easiest to watch as she just sat as content as could be in one spot and oh so quietly . . . either that or she just couldn't be hear over the rest of the bedlam!! Unfortunately the only really good picture I have doesn't have Jack looking and I'm not sure where Asia is (but I'm sure she was within my sight at the time Kayt)!!!
Then it was back to Calgary to see Jennifer, Mike and Jacob . . . Jacob will be welcoming a new baby sister or brother in February and if how he treated Kailie was any indication, he is going to be a fantastic big brother! He was so sweet with her, shared his toys and his books without hesitation and even tried to offer his help when Kailie started fussing when we put her down for bed . . . he assured us that she was just crying b/c it was so dark in her room and if we’d just open the door a bit she’d stop crying . . . and then everyone could get some sleep!!!! We had a really nice visit with the Crawfords and saw them off to their holiday where Mike was off to do an Ironman – which he completed in an amazing time with a shoulder that had been broken 3 weeks prior . . . congrats Mike!! I'm not sure what happened to my camera at this point but for whatever reason I didn't get any pic's of Kailie & Jacob . . . maybe Jen has some she could send?!
Finally at this point in our holiday Daddy came to join us – not sure who was happier – Mommy or Kailie . . . !! I love every minute I get to spend with my little angel but angel or not these little ones are a lot of work, so having Joel around after a few weeks was sooooo nice. Right after Joel got there we were ready for Jen & John’s wedding which was fantastic – such a beautiful happy couple and just an exquisite wedding. It was also great to catch up with a few of our BDA friends as well!
Then it was back to Canmore for Keli and Chris’ wedding – which we were SO excited about! Kailie thought that Auntie Keli and Uncle Chris should have their own wedding post in her blog - so another post to follow on their wedding :)
After the wedding it was back to Grama and Papa's for some time with the Fultons!! Dorelle, Tyler, Evan and Mae came out and stayed with us for a few days and a wonderful time was had by all - in a few short days we got time at the park, a trip to the beach, some golf in and lots of play play play . . . the only thing we didn't fit in was a trip to the Lacombe Creamery - next time I guess!! It was so much fun and we were so happy that some of the Matthew's side of the family could be a part of our Alberta holiday!
Everyone loved this toy - I think it was because of all the different noises it could make!!
After all that fun - it was sadly time to say our good byes and head for the airport :( The trip home was much smoother than the trip out mostly because Dad was along but we also had an extra seat the whole way home and on the longest flight we were able to take the car seat with really helped . . . as you can see our little angel did great!!
Thanks everyone for the wonderful memories - we already can't wait to see everyone again. Being so far away from our family has sure made us learn to appreciate all the time we get with them. To everyone back home we love you and miss you ~ J&K&K


No comments:
Post a Comment