Despite being behind on this posting Kailie's 10 Month picture with her bear was actually taken on the day she was 10 months:)
It was a busier than usual month for us . . . I finished up my job with Trafalgar, we moved to a bigger place on the other side of the island, spent almost a month in Alberta visiting all kinds of family and friends and now I have just recently started a new job with GAM. Kailie took it all in stride and continues to amaze us as we see less and less of our 'baby' and more of a 'little girl' coming out in her. I think it hits me the most when she holds onto my fingers and walks across the room that my baby is growing up oh so quickly!
Along with this new job comes a one-time travel requirement to the UK and Zurich which in my pre-Kailie life I would have been so looking forward to . . . however knowing that I have to be separated from my little angel for so long is making me dread this trip immensely. Kailie and Joel are coming to London with me for about a week or so and then I'll be on my own for about 10 days. I plan on keeping very busy during those 10 days as I know it will be tough but I also take great comfort in knowing Kailie is in the best care with Grace and Joel looking after her while I'm away:)
Maybe it's this pending trip that has me thinking about Kailie even more than usual - but lately I've been thinking about all the funny little things I love so much about her and I thought I better get them down before these precious moments start to fade from memory . . .
- I love Kailie's battle cry (as termed by Daddy!!) . . . she will set her sights on something she wants (toys, books, Andy etc) and put her head down and crawl at full speed all the while letting out this big yell!!! It's just hilarious to watch!
- I love the way Kailie giggles when Daddy gives her kisses. I think it's the way his stubble feels against her baby-perfect skin!
- I love the way Kailie will come into the kitchen and climb up my legs and just be content to stand with Mommy. I've seen other kids do this and have often thought this must drive Mom's crazy but have learned that it's quite the opposite.
- I love the way Kailie is beside herself with happiness to see me after any amount of time that I've been away. This can range from a day of work or a 8 minute car ride - when she sees me she's just beaming and if not strapped into a car seat she just comes motoring over for hugs and kisses!
- I love the way Kailie loves her books. She can be climbing the walls and having so much fun with her toys - but if you take out a book to read to her she will (usually!) sit very attentively and turn all the pages while you read:)
- I love the way Kailie plays peek-a-book with anyone that will play with her - but especially her Daddy. You don't have to say anything - just hide for a second and re-appear and she gives the biggest sweetest smiles!
- And one of my absolute favorites . . . I love the way Kailie cuddles with me. This usually happens just before bed or anytime she's a bit tired, she puts her thumb in her mouth and her little head on my chest with her other arm around me . . . more often than not Mom will have a few tears in her eyes as we rock a bit before bed, knowing that this is just a fleeting moment in time . . .
I could probably keep going on forever - but these were really a few of my favorites and as Kailie gets older I can't wait to keep adding to this list. Being a Mom is so much more of a blessing than I could have ever imagined and I thank God every day for my little Kailie-bear:)
Wednesday, September 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
love love love the 10 month pictures. She is quite the young lady!
Post a Comment