Monday, August 10, 2009

9 Months!

We blinked and another month has passed us by – as usual our days were filled with total joy as we watch our little girl grow up!

At Kailie’s 9 month appointment she weighed in just over 23 lbs (98th percentile) and was 29 inches tall (95th percentile) . . . apparently she’s the size of an ‘average’ 16 month old!! She’s not an easy girl to haul around but we wouldn’t have it any other way – she is so healthy and happy and that’s all that really matters in our books!

After a rocky start (see video below!!!) Kailie is now a superstar crawler – much to Andy and Nellie’s dismay! They can still outrun her pretty easily but I think they are surprised at how close she can get!

Kailie loves to interact with us – she has all kinds of sweet and funny little faces, giggles and moves . . . her latest is flailing her arms like crazy when she hears some good music – I think it’s her first crack at dancing and it’s just hilarious!

Lots of changes for us over this last month – I finished up at my job and am really enjoying the extra time with Kailie . . . I’m getting super spoiled as I still have Grace’s help during the day as well. I think Grace is actually getting a bit bored as I often tell her to stay at home as I sometimes just want the day with Kailie! We also have moved to another place in Bermuda which we are so happy about . . . it’s much bigger, a great view, much closer to town, on the other side of the island which means much less traffic, has 3 massive rooms (tons of room for guests!!) and most importantly we have a nice big back yard for Kailie to play in so we are settling in quite nicely:)

Tomorrow Kailie and I head for AB – we plan on seeing lots of friends and family and are especially excited about Keli’s wedding which will keep us very busy for most of our trip home!

See some of you very soon – lots of love – J&K&K
Hanging out with Dad early in the am:) Check out me holding my own bottle - I only do it if I'm forced to though!

Me and my good friend Brooke - playing at the golf course.

This was the first time I pulled myself up to a standing position - I loved it!!

Getting ready for a swim at the Princess Pool!

LET'S GO SWIMMING!!!

On our way to church.
Pretty In Pink!

I LOVE sunglasses - but I prefer to put them in my mouth than to wear them!

I was a great big 'help' when Mom was packing!

I took everything out of the boxes so Mom could organize it and put it back in!!

This was what happened when Mom put me down for a nap after I figured out how to sit up on my own!! Look how proud I am of myself!!
I love my new chair - but it's hard to see the bear when I'm sitting in it.

I hang on tight while Mom and Dad rock me!

Me and Mom headed out for the day:)

Oooohhhh - just had a yummy bottle and letting the belly hang out a bit . . .

1 comment:

Christy said...

Can't wait to see you and hear all the details of your busy busy life! See you soon! C+G