Christmas at home was wonderful – as I had said in my last post it was such a joy to bring our little girl home to introduce her to her family! I was sad to cut my trip home a bit shorter than I had planned but once we got home and Kailie settled back in I knew it was for the best.
One of the most exciting things for us this past month has been that Kailie has started to smile! Every day she smiles a bit more and most of the time her smiles are accompanied by a whole lot of ‘cooing’! Joel is pretty sure she picked it up from Asia as Asia was just cooing and smiling non-stop when we were at home . . . whatever the reason I could listen to her and her ‘talking’ for hours . . . it’s just the cutest thing to see her looking so happy!!
Since we’ve been home from our holidays we’ve also been battling to get Kailie on the bottle. When she was first born we were pretty good at periodically giving her a bottle and she took it no problem . . . but a few weeks went by where she didn’t get a bottle at all and all of a sudden she absolutely refused anything to do with it (in other words she just screamed if we tried to give it to her) . . . this was getting very tiring for me as it meant that I couldn’t go anywhere as she is still eating quite often and somewhat irregularly. Anyway Joel and I (and our neighbors I’m sure!) have endured a whole lot of screaming over the last week or so and a couple days ago we finally had a breakthrough. It came at about 3am when I was at my wits end with her nursing on and off for a few hours and I think she was just too tired to fight . . . so we finally won the battle!!! Since then she’s taken a few more bottles with much less fight – so I’ve already started planning my spa date which will be the first time I’ve been away from my darling daughter in a very long time. Since she’s been born I’ve only been away from her for about 4 hours in total – so I’m ready for a break!!
(Christy – you should stop reading here . . . the next bit is about sleep and I know what a battle you’ve had with Grady . . . I think I’ve just got lucky for now with Kailie!!) The other great milestone that we have just recently had a couple of nights where Kailie has slept for 8 consecutive hours!!! The first time it happened we didn’t get the benefit of that stretch because we were both up checking on her to make sure she was ok . . . however we were ready the next time and it was great to finally get a nice long uninterrupted night of sleep . . . even Andy let me sleep right through!! Hopefully this will keep up as I look at having to go back to work all too soon.
Below are a few more pictures of our sweet girl and on the right I’ve put up her two month picture with her big Teddy Bear to give you an idea of how much she’s grown . . . she continues to amaze us every day!
Love to everyone back home, J&K&K
Thanks Darin for my adorable little outfit!
Daddy's little Green Bay fan!
I love my new Lion playmat from Elizabeth!
My first day FINALLY taking a soother . . . . oh yeah and check out Dad's shirt!!!
2 Cats, 1 Babe, 1 Dad . . . . where is Mom going to sleep . . . . ???
Dad & Kailie getting some post-Christmas R&R!!
How cute am I?!!!


1 comment:
YEAH!! I am very jealous of you and at the same time very happy for you! Must be so releiving to know that not only is she taking a bottle, but sleeping throught the night... these 2 things alone will make it so much easier to go back to work. Thankfully Grady is sleeping really well 6 months later and is sleeping through the night about once a week. Way better than where we came from!
PS - Kailie is just the sweetest little thing and she seems to be growing like a weed! Great idea with the teddy bear... wish I would have thought of that!
Post a Comment