This past week Kailie went for her 2 month doctors appointment which meant her first shots. I was much less calm than she was . . . I was praying that Kailie didn't get her Mom's phobia of needles and after seeing what a superstar she was it looks like she didn't (at least not yet)!! She had one shot in each leg and for the first one she hardly made a sound and the second one she cried for about 10 seconds . . . it was far more traumatic for me than for Kailie!!
They also gave her a good check-up and as her doctor said, our little girl is definitely 'thriving'!! She weighed in at 14.75 lbs which apparently is the average weight of a 5 month old (yikes)!! She is literally off the charts when it comes to her weight and in about the 90th percentile when it comes to her height. The doctor quickly reassured me that this wasn't unusual for breastfed babies and that she would eventually thin out but that for now she was doing great:)
We continue to love every day with her . . . more pictures to follow soon!
Friday, January 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
It appears Sweet Kailie may indeed break her Mommy's record weight of "28 lbs" at "one years old" :-)
No matter, I love every inch I see of her (Love Skype)...and, of course Kandis, I also enjoy seeing you too!
Love to all..xoxo
Post a Comment