Thursday, November 12, 2009

Happy 1st Birthday Kailie!

My little girl is now 1 year old - and as sad as I am to see time pass so quickly I have loved (almost!) every moment of this past year! Joel and I remind ourselves daily just how blessed we are to have such an angel in our lives:)

Even though we are the parents and will teach Kailie many things as she grows, this year has given us just a glimpse of the many things Kailie will teach us as she grows up and I've already learned so much. I've learned how to love deeper than I ever thought was possible . . . I've learned about what really matters and what really doesn't . . . I've learned why my parents did some of the things they did (and I'm sure I'm just getting started here!!) . . . I've learned that my favorite sound is and will always be, my little girls laughter . . . I've learned that I can go without sleep and food for extended periods and not even notice (until my dear husband comes to the rescue!) . . . . I've learned that choka-choka-tocka IS a conversation . . . I've learned that Ma-Ma is more than just a first word . . . . I've learned that leaving for work and coming home from work are the very worst and very best moments (respectively!) that I have every day . . . . I've learned to see other kids through a Mum's eyes and have found that it has given me a greater love for other people's children . . . I've learned that God sends his angels as our babies to make us want to be better people for them . . . I've learned to pray pray pray! . . . I've learned that tears come quickly and easy when you have a life that is as blessed as ours:) These are just a few of many things I've learned this year and I look forward to all the other wonderful things Kailie will teach her Mum and Dad and she grows into a beautiful little girl.

Now on to the fun stuff! - we had a wonderful time celebrating Kailie's birthday with our friends here in Bermuda, below are some pic's of the celebrations.

Ok - so Mum will never make it as a cake decorator . . . but in my defense it didn't look that crooked when you saw the real thing - and there was a lot of love put into that cake so hopefully that makes up for some of the 'rough' edges!!

The morning of Kailie's birthday party - just testing out the toys!


Pretty Little Birthday Girl!

Playing with Hannah and Mackenzie

Ross and Zoe checkin' out the toys


Not a big fan of the birthday hats!

Time for Cake!

She was more interested in sharing her cake with Mum and Dad, but once she caught onto it she had a few good bites!

Brooke and Cameron helping Kailie to try out some of the great toys she got - thanks everyone for your lovely gifts!!

More cake the next day (her actual birthday) with Mum and Dad


2 comments:

Christy said...

So glad you had a nice celebration! Happy birthday Kailie!

Pat, Danielle & Alexandria said...

Happy Birthday Kailie!! wow can't believe she is one. Give her lots of hugs and kisses from us and her cousin Alex.